This year’s conference will feature presentations that relate to the goals of the Michigan’s Draft Water Strategy, a 30-year strategy to ensure Michigan’s water resources support healthy ecosystems, citizens, communities, and economies.
The conference is free and open to the public; however, advanced registration is requested. Visit: www.iwr.msu.edu/events/ANRWeek to see a complete agenda and link to the registration page.
Topics and speakers include:
- Michigan’s 30 year Water Strategy – Jon Allan, Director, Office of the Great Lakes, MDEQ
- Ecosystem-level changes in the Great Lakes and Effects on Fisheries -Bo Bunnell, USGS Great Lakes Science Center
- Lake Sturgeon Restoration in the Great Lakes- Jim Boase, US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Targets for Lake Erie for HAB Reduction – Craig Stow, NOAA
- Net-Pen Aquaculture in the Great Lakes – Jim Diana, Michigan Sea Grant
- Monitoring for Beach Pathogens – Molly Rippke, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Great Lakes Adventures – Stephen Brede, Great Lakes Canoe, Petoskey
- Water Use and Beer Breweries: Minimizing Impacts – Kris Spaulding, Brewery Vivant
The conference is sponsored by Michigan State University Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, MSU Institute of Water Research, Michigan Sea Grant Extension, and the Office of the Great Lakes, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. For further information, contact: Lois Wolfson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 353-3742.