2022 CLMP Monitoring Season Enrollment
Access the CLMP enrollment system by clicking on the blue button below. But first – some important information:
- Check out this step-by-step guide to the CLMP enrollment system. You can also watch a video that takes you through the system.
- Review the 2022 Parameter and Fee Information below to plan your enrollment.
- Payments are only accepted through our enrollment website. Do not mail checks. Any payments by check will be returned.
- Additional (“Assisting”) volunteers helping with monitoring may sign up at any time.
- Remember to register for our free online training. This is required for most parameters.
- The official 2022 training for CLMP volunteers will occur online on May 10. Registration and more details about training are available on our Lake Training page. You can enroll in the CLMP before attending training.
2022 Parameter and Fee Information
Basic Water Quality Parameters
New and experienced participants may enroll.
- Secchi Disk Transparency: $30
- A Secchi disk is a simple tool that measures water transparency/clarity. Consistent Secchi disk transparency measurements are a useful indicator of lake quality changes and trends. Training is optional but recommended. If you need a Secchi disk, you can order one separately. Enrollment deadline: May 10, 2022.
- Spring Total Phosphorus: $30 — Must also be enrolled in transparency.
- Phosphorus is an essential nutrient for algae and plant growth. Spring total phosphorus is an estimate of all the phosphorus in your lake. Annual measurements are useful in evaluating nutrient enrichment. Samples are collected within two weeks of lake ice-out. Sample collection bottles are included with the enrollment fee and will be mailed to the Lead Volunteer. Enrollment deadline: March 1, 2022.
- Summer Total Phosphorus: $30 — Must also be enrolled in transparency.
- Phosphorus is an essential nutrient for algae and plant growth. Summer total phosphorus is used to estimate your lake’s productivity (trophic status) – Oligotrophic, mesotrophic, or eutrophic. Samples are collected in late August or September. Sample collection bottles are included with the enrollment fee and will be mailed to the Lead Volunteer. Enrollment deadline: May 10, 2022.
- Score the Shore: Lakeshore Habitat Assessment: $30
- Healthy shorelines are an important and valuable component of your lake. Score the Shore is a protocol to assess the quality of your lake’s shoreline habitat. Enrollment deadline: August 31, 2022.
- Exotic Aquatic Plant Watch: $30
- Finding invasive aquatic plants before they become established is essential to effective management. The Exotic Aquatic Plant Watch is an early detection monitoring protocol for troublesome exotic aquatic plants that might end up in your lake. Enrollment deadline: August 31, 2022.
Advanced Water Quality Parameters
Participants who have been in the CLMP for one or more years may enroll.
- Chlorophyll: $60 — Must also be enrolled in transparency and phosphorus.
- Chlorophyll is a measure of the amount of algae growing in your lake. Chlorophyll measurements help determine the productivity (trophic status) of your lake– Oligotrophic, mesotrophic, or eutrophic. Enrollment deadline: April 1, 2022.
- Dissolved Oxygen and Temperature – Must also be enrolled in transparency, phosphorus, and chlorophyll.
- A lake’s dissolved oxygen and temperature influences the physical, chemical, and biological qualities of your lake. Measurements are used to determine stratification patterns and oxygen depletion. If you choose to use a MiCorps-owned meter for the season, we will arrange delivery. You may be asked to share the meter with nearby lake(s). Enrollment deadline: April 1, 2022.
- Use MiCorps meter ($60.00)
- Use your own meter (only YSI models 550A or Pro20 are approved for CLMP use) ($30.00)
- Aquatic Plant Mapping — Must also be enrolled in transparency, phosphorus, and chlorophyll.
- Aquatic plants are a natural and essential part of a lake. This is an intensive protocol to map and quantify the aquatic plants – native and invasive, if applicable – in your lake. Enrollment deadline: May 10, 2022.
- First year ($250): Includes a visit to your lake from MiCorps staff
- Subsequent Years: $30: For experienced volunteers continuing or repeating their Aquatic Plant Mapping efforts only.
Although 2022 CLMP training will be online, you will have the option to pick up equipment (Secchi disks, chlorophyll testing equipment, and chlorophyll replacement filters and vials) at the Michigan Lakes and Streams Association conference. This equipment can also be mailed.
- Secchi Disk: $50 + $10 shipping.
- Chlorophyll Testing Equipment (First Year): $40 + $18 shipping — Required for first year of Chlorophyll sampling.
- Chlorophyll Replacement Filters and Vials: $12 + $5 shipping — Required after first year of Chlorophyll sampling.
- Print Copy of Individual Lake Report: $3 each — Note that an electronic copy will be emailed at the end of the season at no cost.
2022 Enrollment Fee Refund Policy
Organizations or individuals that have paid enrollment fees for the MiCorps Cooperative Lakes Monitoring Program (CLMP) and later find that they are unable to complete the monitoring activities may request a refund of fees by notifying MiCorps in writing by May 31, 2022. The refund deadline is necessary due to scheduled allocation and distribution of supplies and materials for the sampling season.