Stream Monitoring Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs)
Programs that are either engaging in MiCorps funded Volunteer Stream Monitoring Program (VSMP) Aquatic Macroinvertebrate Survey projects or would like to share their monitoring data through the MiCorps Data Exchange as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 entity, are required to submit a Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP). MiCorps staff will review and comment on submitted QAPPs and, if acceptable, will approve them for use. MiCorps staff ask that all program leaders follow the QAPP Guidance linked below when developing a QAPP. The staff review checklist is also included for your reference.
- QAPP Guidance Version 4.0
- QAPP Review Checklist Version 3.0
- QAPP Cover Sheet
- See Approved VSMP Grant Recipient QAPPs
Lake Monitoring Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs)
The Cooperative Lakes Monitoring Program (CLMP) follows a program-wide Quality Assurance Project Plan. All CLMP partners and participating volunteer monitors are expected to take the necessary training and perform all monitoring activities exactly as outlined in the monitoring procedures provided by the program to ensure the collection of quality data.
Additional Quality Assurance Resources
- The Volunteer Monitor’s Guide To Quality Assurance Project Plans (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
- Building Credibility: Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Volunteer Monitoring Programs (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, CSREES)