Date(s) - 11/02/2016 - 11/03/2016
The 12th annual Michigan Clean Water Corps (MiCorps) conference featured presentations from volunteers around the state, regional experts, and Michigan DEQ and MiCorps staff covering both lake and stream topics of interest and success stories from volunteer monitoring efforts. In particular, this year’s conference focused on the use of volunteer monitoring data to inform management decisions and protect and improve water quality.
Dr. Kristine (Kris) Stepenuck, Extension Assistant Professor of Watershed Science, Policy and Education at the University of Vermont’s Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources, was this year’s featured keynote speaker. During her presentation, Kris shared results and anecdotes from a recent national survey of volunteer monitoring programs to demonstrate that monitoring data collected by volunteer monitors is being used to help inform management decisions, impact policies, and protect and improve water quality.
Two optional training sessions on “Insect Identification” and “Plants of Michigan’s Lakes and Streams” were also offered on the afternoon of Wednesday, November 2nd to kick off the annual conference.
The MiCorps staff and partners thank you for your interest in this year’s annual conference and look forward to seeing you at next year’s event!
Annual Conference Proceedings
The most recent conference proceedings, including agenda, attendee list, and presentations, are included below. For older conferences, only agendas are available online. Please contact Laura Kaminski (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request specific documents or presentations from these older conferences.
12th Annual MiCorps Conference (2016): Conference Agenda
11th Annual MiCorps Conference (2015): Conference Agenda
10th Annual MiCorps Conference (2014): Conference Agenda
- Monitoring Michigan’s Lakes and Streams through Citizen Science (2013): Conference Agenda
- Monitoring Human Impacts to Michigan’s Freshwater Systems (2012): Conference Agenda
- Michigan’s Clean Water Challenges (2011): Conference Agenda
- Beyond the Basics (2010): Conference Agenda
- New Steps in Volunteer Water Monitoring (2009): Conference Agenda
- Celebrating our Volunteers (2008): Conference Agenda
- Building Sustainability and Ensuring Success (2007): Conference Agenda
- People Protecting Michigan’s Water (2006): Conference Agenda
- Empowering Michigan’s Volunteer Water Quality Monitors (2005): Conference Agenda